A recruiter is someone who actually helps in growth of a company by hiring the perfect employee. The work of a recruiter is not only difficult but also holds a great responsibility. A recruiter must be sincere towards his work, trust worthy and must be friendly enough to his candidates. William Almonte said, to be a good recruiter one should have a clear idea about the modern market.
- Confidence: – working as a recruiter is really tough work as it involves lot of interaction with large number of people. So, for this reason confidence is very beneficial. They need confidence not only for themselves but also for the clients and candidates to whom they offer skills.
- Good communication skills: – recruiters mainly rely on communications. So, a good communication skill is very important for a recruiter while hiring the candidate face to face or over phone. The job of the recruiter is also to provide the candidates with frequent updates and also sometimes work between two candidates as a middle man.
- Good listener: – a good recruiter must stay calm and must be a good listener. Even if the candidates are shouting or having any conversations, recruiters should just seat back and listen to them first. If the recruiters do so it will be easier for them to tackle tough situations or to know which party is looking for what.
- Strong skills to sale: – recruitment is basically a sale- oriented job. The recruiters first have to sale their services to the clients and then they again have to sale it to the candidates who are seeking jobs, and explain them why it will be great opportunity for them to take this job.
- Multiple tasking:- recruiters do not work for a single job at a time, rather they work on a number of jobs. They are a good juggler as they work for different clients at the same time. So, they must know how to tackle such situations and manage their time effectively.
- Patience: – being a recruiter one has to be patient. Many interviews, many re-schedules, many plans may often not work, or the recruiter even may not find the right person for right field. But these must not bother the recruiters. It sometimes may seem frustrating still a recruiter must keep himself cool and even be professional about his career.
- Target complete: – a recruiter often get bonus basis. The more a recruiter will work the more bonuses he will get. These bonuses work as an incentive to achieve their targets.
Recruiters must trust on their employees, motivate them to become more successful. Actually recruiters work as a connection between employee and company. As William Almonte said that recruiters work is most competitive and challenging job in the market. A recruiter must be smart enough to filter candidates only by asking questions that will differentiate that candidate from others. So, if you are smart, confident, sincere, encouraging, friendly and have vast knowledge then recruiter is the best career for you.